Understanding the potential devastating effect a work injury can have on one’s professional and personal life, we want to minimize the economic impact, physical suffering and emotional strain of work related injuries. We offer timely and comprehensive evaluations, promptly initiate treatment, and utilize surgery when necessary. With an emphasis on accessibility and communication, we work with the injured worker and his/her case manager to form a strong partnership when addressing all their needs. In addition to proper medical care, These needs often include return to work criteria and restrictions, risk assessment, and physical capability evaluations. By tailoring individualized treatment to the needs of the worker, our goal is to relieve discomfort, improve function, and return the injured employee to work as appropriate.
Make an Appointment
If you would like to request an appointment, please contact the specialty office according to the phone numbers below.
Shoulder and Knee
William F. Mulroy, MD
Spine (Initial evaluations)
Ali Mostoufi, MD
Spine (Surgical consultations)
Frank X. Pedlow Jr., MD
George H. Theodore, MD
Hand, Upper Extremity
Sang Gil Lee, MD
John Burress, MD, MPH, FACOEM
Phone: (617) 314-2018
Fax: (877) 529-0181
At NEWI it is our goal to provide comprehensive and timely consultations, so that you may begin to both understand the nature of your injury and address your symptoms with an appropriate treatment plan.
Upon arrival, please register at the front desk. Personal and insurance information will be verified. Here you may be asked to fill out forms so that we have a full and complete understanding of both your current overall health status and the specifics of your work injury. If you had filled out the forms prior to your arrival, this will be verified.
After your examination and consultation, you will receive an explanation of what is thought to be your current problem, and treatment options on how to proceed to address your diagnosis. This may include further diagnostic studies, physical therapy, diagnostic and/or therapeutic injections, consultations with other specialists, or a discussion of surgical treatment options.
What to bring to your appointment
- All radiology studies pertaining to your current injury. They should be recent and include either x-rays, MRI or a CT scan.
- Prior medical records when possible, such as operative reports, EMG and nerve conduction results. Also include consultations from other physicians, particularly those from your referring physician.
- A complete list of all medications you are currently taking.
- Your insurance card, co-payment, and billing form.
- With Worker’s Compensation a written pre-authorization is usually obtained prior to setting up an appointment. Our office staff will help you with this. Please have the following information available for the staff when booking your appointment:
- Your employer’s name and address
- W/C claim number
- Insurance carrier’s name and address
- Insurance adjuster’s name, phone and fax numbers
- Date of work-related injury.
- The names, phone numbers, and addresses of all physicians involved in your care.Please be sure to include you Primary Care Physician’s contact information.
- New Patients Questionnaire form (PDF)
We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Please notify us of any cancellations at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.